3/19/12

Aldo Rise Collection



It seems more and more designers are collaborating with mainstream retail stores to offer up their fab creations at a fraction of the normal cost.  I love the concept and hope the trend continues.  Target was the first to join forces with a haute designer then H&M, Nine West and now Aldo with their "RISE" Collection.  The contributors this season are JW Anderson, Mark Fast, Libertine and Preen.  This weekend was my 1st chance to check on the Spring 2012 RISE Collection and so I decided to share my favorite pics with you below.  I do have a favorite but we'll get to that in a moment. 


 The Allor by Libertine.  I love platform wedges with flowing summer dresses.  I can imagine wearing these with a girly, colorful, floral dress. 



The Eakins by JW Anderson.  This is such a fun sandal.  The feathers create a mullet-like appeal and shoelace stitching...  I just die!  The red and yellow are so bold and at the same time neutral. They truly go with anything.  But right now I'm thinking cropped cigarette pants and a loose silky tank.






 The Weatherbee by JW Anderson.  Again, we're partying in the back yet mixing it up with unexpected nautical stripes.  I love!  Same concept, entirely different vibe.  I would totally rock these at the office in a bright yellow pencil skirt and white button down shirt.  



The Giffee by Preen.  These are my FAVES!!!  The pixelated design and structural heel are so incredibly unique.  I know most look at this shoe with a raised brow but I look at it with a huge ass cheesy grin thinking up all the outfits I could wear them with.  I think I'll start off with boyfriend jeans and a t-shirt.  The shoe is such a statement it really doesn't need the competition!  
Although, don't be surprised if I mix up some prints, I'm not scared.



Would you buy any of these?  Which ones?  What would you pair with?



Thanks for reading & please follow :)







5 comments:

DC2NYCo said...

I've always been a big fan of Aldo shoes.Especially this Rise collection. <3 the eyelet details.

DC2NYConfessions Blog

Disturbed Style said...

Amazing collection! I love it :)

Anonymous said...

I like the first ones the best. But then again, I'm a sucker for a wedged sandal in the summertime :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! You're really got me swooning when you write a post about shoes! haha. I hope the trend stick too tbh and maybe they can even have suppliers here in NZ so we can share in a ll the designer love ;)

My favourites are by Libertine and Preen. Striing and sophisticated with a bit of quirky thrown in the mix. Just love love LOVELY =) Hope you're doing well Miss Snazzy Doll :P

Eeli xx

Fabrizia Spinelli said...

Such a great post, I really like the collection these heelss are so nice!
Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???